Monday, July 10, 2017

Purple Rainbows Shawl

Hello everyone!

It’s been quite a while since I last updated my blog but I’m back and I am going to start posting here more often :)
Today I’d like to share some photos of a new design I published last week called the Purple Rainbows shawl
 
 
 
 
I designed this shawl with yarn that was given to me for my birthday by my auntie (the mini skeins) and a friend (the big skein)
 
When I put the skeins away together in my stash I thought how well they combined and I knew that I wanted to make a shawl mixing them together.
 
The skein of lavender yarn is by Little French Meadow and the mini skeins are by the Knitting Goddess.
 
 
 
The shawl I have designed is an asymmetric triangular shawl pattern crocheted on the bias made with one skein of fingering / sock weight yarn and 12 different colored mini skeins.
 
This shawl is the perfect project for scrap and leftover yarn – you need 12 colors of yarn so this is a great stash busting project! For the main color of the shawl you need one skein of sock weight yarn so you can use that special skein you’ve been saving or splurge and buy an awesome set of mini skeins and a special skein :)
 
 
It is a light weight and soft shawl with the main body of the shawl featuring thick stripes of color with a rainbow stripe running along the long side. The colors of the yarn are so bright and pretty that I wanted to really let the colors do the talking
 
 
 
 
A delicate shell and picot border adds the finishing touch to the shawl.
 
 
The pattern is available to download via Ravelry
 

 
The pdf comes in both US and UK terminology
 
 
Wow! It feels so great to be blogging again, I’ll definitely be back again very soon to share some more crochet with you.
 
Have a wonderful day and a great start to the week!

 

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back !!!!
    Beautiful shawl !!!!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning shawl, beautiful pattern and amazing colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed beautiful. May I echo the comment above and say welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shawl! Nice to see you back after a long time:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to hear from you! Beautiful shawl too!! Hope to see you around in blogland!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...